View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 11:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Thanks for that Cleo, I read their Site - and also the English TNA Site, amongst others.
Over hear everything is lumped under one umbrella heading - Neuropathic Facial Pain (Perhaps this would be a better Forum title?) - which includes pain from TN, Diabetic Neuropathy, MS, etc… But what's in a name - or cause - on this Forum when the excruciating pain is the same and you are looking for support from fellow sufferers?
I, myself, have a knot of arteries wrapped around my left trigeminal nerve before the branching, causing constant parasthesia (painful pins and needles) on the left side of my head and face - especially forehead and nose - (Neuropathic Facial Pain).
Classic TN attacks happen when the arterial knot tightens, or moves - cold weather, stress, touch and especially my GTN heart spray which dilates blood vessels. Then the pain is ramped up to a burning electrocution. Like everything else, I get it in Spades.
As an aside, the TNA statement that TN is probably the most painful of human conditions is a wild one. Having the misfortune to suffer Cluster Headaches aka Suicide Headaches - which last for up to 2 hours and make me want to smash my head against a wall, or reach into my skull and rip my brain out - as well I can categorically state TN is second place. (Ladies, please don't mention childbirth)

Dave
I can't mention childbirth, as I have never had a child, but what you are having to deal with every day is terrible. I will send good thoughts your way.
MakenzieMarks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote