View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim091866 View Post
Hey all, I haven't posted in a while, my dragon dictate is not working. Lately I have started acupuncture treatment, had 2 sessions. I feel much, much bettter in terms that I don't feel so tight, rigidity is a lot less. Even my off times are not so bothersome. The one thing that I have noticed is that I feel looser overall but now my legs, don't seem to want to move. I feel very weak in the legs. I don't know what to attribute it to. There have been no other changes to my routine. I can move them but it's not like before. IDK????
In my understanding acupuncture procedures could be causing it. These are my personal experiences: In 2010 I was doing lots at acupuncture treatments (every 5 days for 6 month) hoping to unblock the meridian that goes from the injured foot (left) into the head causing PD tremors, stiffness. I read about the meridians and stuff in the research on PD recovery. My case is exactly that the research was describing - first left foot injury that never healed properly and then PD diagnose. At the time PD was left-sided and not medicated.
The needles inserted during acupuncture sessions were moving life energy chi around, adjusting yin and yang. Sometimes I couldn't move the left leg, sometimes the left arm. It took a while for the therapist to fine-tune the position of the needles. The outcome of acupuncture therapy was not clear-cut. Positive: I regained lost sensation in the left foot and started to move left toes again, inserted correctly needles were completely stopping tremors like the switch was turning them off. Negative: due to inserted in the wrong places needles right side tremors have started for the first time in 2 years from dX in 2008. Eventually right-side tremors have stopped and right side is normal again. Personally I believe in acupuncture as an supplementary treatment to physiotherapy and exercises, I think lack of good exercise program back in 2010 didn't allow acupuncture treatment be more helpful for me.
natnat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote