View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyXV View Post
I have had a migraine for 27 days and it only goes down a lil bit with pain meds. Lights & sounds don't seem to bother me but sometimes smells do. I have really bad insomnia but I have been trying to rest more... I have been to the ER twice and to my doctor and she changed my depression pill to see if that works because my depression hasn't really gotten better. I don't know what to do & want to cry

Before Imitrex became available; I had been on Midrin. The doctor had given me monthly refills. I did not realize, at the time, about rebound pain. I would just get rid of migraine; then a short time later, back again. Some days I had taken as many as 6 or 7. My jaw even tightened.

Thankfully (before I was on the internet) my son had looked up the Midrin and lo and behold; explanation of the effects of rebound headaches. For quite some time I went off all Midrin and any aspirin. The pain was awful; but I had to get all this out of my system. Eventually when Imitrex came on the market, I used much more wisely. I have been fortunate, the Imitrex really has helped me.

Hopefully, you will soon get relief.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hockeymom1998 (02-01-2015)