View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 09:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update 6 Mos DBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by anagirl View Post
Hi Damon -

Thank you for posting your positive experience with DBS. It truly does give hope to the rest of us. I've had PD for about 7 years now, and I just started taking Sinemet. Wouldn't you know it - just a half of a pill give me dyskinesia... lucky me! My Dr says I may be a good candidate for DBS, he already offered me a referral. I have a question for you... where would you say you are percentage wise with PD? Meaning - if 100% is zero PD symptoms, as in 100% "normal" - are you feeling you're at 75%? 50%? ms DBS
Again, I'm so glad you are feeling better! It's wonderful to hear of people feeling better over time instead of feeling worse!
Hi Anagirl
That is a difficult question. My off time became less and less sometimes 10 minutes apart. When the meds were working I was at 100 % and when off I was at 20%. I could not live on my own. DBS provides quality of life but does not slow progression. For me not being able to walk 80% of the time was a big deal. DBS is not supposed to be very helpful in this balance issue but in my case it was. I hope it lasts because I can not afford 24 hour care and do ot qualify for medicare. This causes major anxiety. I hope this helps you
Damon
damon4309 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote