View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 01:06 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

1) High sugar diets affect some and not others. I think they can contribute to inflammation.

2) Common brain bleeds are most detectible at about 3 days after the injury. After that and they start to become absorbed. Larger bleeds would take longer but they would usually have symptoms that would cause a doctor to order imaging immediately.

3) The roller coaster of concussion recovery is VERY common. Many can recognize triggers (over-stimulation, bad sleep, etc) that cause them. Often, a bad day on Tuesday is cause by too much activity/stimulation on Monday.

4) This is the roller coaster of concussion recovery. Very common.

5) Getting drunk or similar activities would not be good. A head jerk in bed would not cause a worsening of symptoms other than any trauma it might cause to the neck.

6)The subtle injuries to the upper neck take a keen eye to recognize on imaging. NUCCA and AtlasOrthagonal chiros specialize in reading these images. With others, it is hit and miss. For many of us, treating the upper neck as if it is injured and gttting PT (gentle traction and mobilization, etc) is helpful. Some get benefits from upper cervical chiro treatment.

7) I think you would need to be pushing your brain very hard to cause any damage. Maybe pushing so you have constant severe head aches could be a problem. Otherwise, you would just slow your recovery.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thedude58 (01-27-2015), thorx89 (01-21-2015)