View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 01:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mima View Post
I have been diagnosed with anti-mag antibody about 1 year and 1/2 ago after 9 months of dr appt and tests. I went as long as I could With out pain meds but it got to the point that I couldn't stand anymore, felt like I was walking barefoot on hot sharp pebbles, I am currently taking nortriptyline used for nerve pain, it has helped tremendously I can get by day to day, im still limited if I over do it which before this was considered normal for me I am in pain by evening and usually the next day. But I do not think I would be walking with out it. I am being treated with rituxan, I do not know if it is helping or not. My numbers are up and down. Im on maintenance every 2 months, in November they dropped significantly, today they tripled from November. Dont understand. Other then nortriptyline helping the pain I dont feel anybetter. Do not know what future hold or what to expect by the treatment of rituxan long term. I just get told its so rare no text book way of treating it or knowing what causes it :/
Hi Mima,
There are a number of us with anti-MAG. I've had it for about 13 years (now 59 years old) and have had both Rituxan and IVIg infusions. I did not benefit from Rituxan unfortunately and am finding IVIg and exercise to keep my core and legs strong to be of most benefit. I have balance problems, hand tremors, burning feet (if I walk very far), have severe restless legs syndrome. Thankfully, as long as I don't get too warm or walk too far, I don't really have much discomfort. I take Mirapex for restless legs which really helps. I have been seeing a very good neurologist at Virginia Mason in Seattle, WA. Glad to live in a cooler climate! Hope you find that the Rituxan is helpful. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.
Blessings,
NancyKay
NancyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote