View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 05:05 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Red face New on here, pregnant and I think it's hemiplegic migraine

Hi everyone. I haven't been diagnosed yet with hemiplegic migraines, but it makes the most sence. I have been getting my "episodes" since I was about 10 years old, maybe younger I don't really remember. I have had a few early head tramas like falling off a bike and being pushed into a wooden beam.
Sometimes, not always, I get this vision like looking underwater followed by an aura. I loose my ability to talk straight and parts/all of my left arm and leg go numb. I just found out about hemiplegic migraines, and I am a little relived. It beats having the paramedic say it's only an anxiety attack, which I've thought it was for the longest times now. Or thinking your crazy and it's all in your head.
I am 5 months pregnant and have had 2 attacks in the past month. My last one was just on Sunday, ruined our trip to the fair just as we got in. I am so afraid that the remaining tingly feeling in my fingers is the start of another, or the tightness in my neck. I am driving myself and my partner crazy. If anyone has any tips or advice, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Ymelissa1fish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote