View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 07:18 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
5mg is not that much more than 3mg especially if you were prescribed 10mg as starting dose.
I was prescribed 5mg to start, not 10, which is the usual. Then the 5 was changed, because my taking 3 is really like taking 5, due to a med interaction.

I think I will go up to 5mg, and then see. I really should go up to 6 which would be about the 10mg dose, but I have 5 halves of 10mg pills (I cut them and took one before reading about the interaction, and getting the drops that are 1mg per drop).

My doctor intends for me to titrate upwards. I am to manage the timing based on side effects. I am only meant to report back what I am doing, and if there is any problem.

Quote:
I was on Zoloft for a while many years ago and I know that gave me nausea at the dose I was told to start on, but I remember taking it down and going up very slowly.
Yeah, that's partly why I was started low, because the Celexa is known to cause me nausea in the past. Zoloft only gives me nausea at high doses but if I take it with food it helped somehow, even if that actually increases the levels. Zoloft has given me headaches when starting the past few times, even at 25mg, hence the decision to try the Lexapro.

Lexapro isn't affected by food, absorption-wise, but my eating is erratic so I haven't bothered trying to synchronize it with a meal.

waves
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-22-2015), Dmom3005 (01-28-2015), Lara (01-22-2015), mymorgy (01-22-2015)