View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Hi all...cloudy and decent temps for January up here...

Kitty hope the meds are doing their job and you're better quickly...glad you went to doc too!

Erika... you are so strong!! You've had more than your share of stressors lately. Hope pup is okay...after my dogs turn 10, I am grateful for every year I have with them after that.

Sal, thanks for the occasional funny pics...they brighten my day

Things are moving along here in Reconstruction Zone...we have ceilings and walls again The taper is doing a wonderful job, and we should have the painters in next week. Then it's tiling, grouting, and putting things back together-Yay!!

And the cabin has the walls framed in We can't wait to go up there once it's under roof (and there's a working bathroom) to start helping out with installing cabinets, flooring, etc.

So things are calming down a bit...except for my health. On sunday I had an episode that landed me in the ER. Had tingling that started in one hand, then went to the other. I felt like I was going to faint (this happens occasionally when my BP drops). But then I felt pressure on my chest and I went into a seizure-type of episode, which I've never experienced. I was fully conscious, but couldn't stop the severe shaking of my limbs.

The ER did an EKG & blood work. The blood work showed an elevation of a clotting factor, so then they did a CT of my lungs to make sure I didn't have a clot. I had another seizure type episode before going in the tube accompanied by severe leg spasms (fun):roll eyes:

They transported me to the main hospital. I was told I was being admitted. I remembered a while after I got to the room that since I'm on Medicare to ask if I was admitted for observation or for full admittance. If it's observation, they only pay for procedures based on an outpatient pay schedule-they do not pay for the room or food.
They told me observation--and didn't I get the piece of paper explaining that at the ER?
Uh...no. So I checked myself out of there. I have a stress test scheduled today on an outpatient basis.

So all of you who are on Medicare-make sure you ask that question before going into the hospital-or you'll be stuck with a huge bill!!
barb02 (01-22-2015), Darlene (01-23-2015), Erika (01-29-2015), ewizabeth (01-27-2015), LoveCats (01-22-2015), SallyC (01-22-2015)