View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 09:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default re: update symptoms stable

Hello Harry,

I'm with Kevscar on this. The having so little pain does cause question. In my humble opinion there are things that look kind of like CRPS but are not CRPS. Doctors as we know are not infallible and not always up on diagnoses outside their specialty. Maybe you had a traumatized foot with a lot of nerve symptoms. Obviously you had something. Who can say what? There are post-traumatic neuropathies that can present with CRPS-y sysmtoms but are much less complicated. I fall in the "is it CRPS or not" category myself and lack consensus from my doctors. For this reason I have read your threads and noticed some similarities - hot,red foot after eating, exercise, spicy or allergenic food for example, worsening at the end of the day...What we don't share is the occasional and debilitating experience of me feeling my foot is filled with nettles or fire ants. God knows what I might do to walk with almost no pain.

After 3 foot/ankle surgeries and radiation I can tell you this. Feet act strangely after trauma. There are loads of sympathetic fibers in them that are easily damaged, even from simple swelling. Those nerves are at the most distal point from their origin and take the longest to heal. Feet act as radiators for the body and are reactive from a circulatory/temperature standpoint. Feet feel weird as they re-wire. Do traumatized, autonomic, nervy feet get better over time after surgery, nerve insult, injury? For most people, yes. It sounds like you are on the mend. Perhaps in another 8-12 months your foot will feel more normal. Keep taking care of it! Do not traumatize it through over-aggressive sport! Watch your diet, supplements, Vit D, alcohol and caffeine! Don't go breaking something or needing surgery if you can avoid it! Desensitize your foot, massage it, love on it, keep giving it baths.

I know what it is to obsess and worry over a foot all day, every day. I understand. But Be Happy, Be Well, Be grateful...you may have dodged a mighty bullet my friend.

Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (01-22-2015), HarryDresden (01-22-2015)