View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 07:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepaw View Post
Hello Harry,

After 3 foot/ankle surgeries and radiation I can tell you this. Feet act strangely after trauma. There are loads of sympathetic fibers in them that are easily damaged, even from simple swelling. Those nerves are at the most distal point from their origin and take the longest to heal. Feet act as radiators for the body and are reactive from a circulatory/temperature standpoint. Feet feel weird as they re-wire. Do traumatized, autonomic, nervy feet get better over time after surgery, nerve insult, injury? For most people, yes. It sounds like you are on the mend. Perhaps in another 8-12 months your foot will feel more normal.

Littlepaw
Thanks for the insight Littlepaw,

Admittley an education through the lens of CRPS is left me a bit paranoid and possible narrow minded about the range of possiblities out there.

Quote:
Keep taking care of it! Do not traumatize it through over-aggressive sport! Watch your diet, supplements, Vit D, alcohol and caffeine! Don't go breaking something or needing surgery if you can avoid it! Desensitize your foot, massage it, love on it, keep giving it baths.
Avoding injury is always my goal. So far weight lifting hasn't aggervated my symptoms so I assume its safe to continue.
HarryDresden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote