View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 07:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayandnay View Post
This commenting saddens me, people like myself who worked 37 years in a row, paid into a system that kept it going for years, now I've spent 9 years trying to get benefits, now all we talk about is those committing fraud. What about those who have died waiting, lost everything, committed suicide because the system punished them for the sins of others.
It saddens lot of folks. I am sorry for the folks who are struggling and have struggled to get what they worked for only to be denied, only dying and losing everything in the process.

The question was asked out of concern of cutting the payments by 20% for folks who are receiving SSDI next year. No doubt that will cause stress, worry and financial hard-ships for many folks.

I don't know what the answer is to the funding to keep it solvent, perhaps they are thinking if they reduce payments, less people (those who think they can scam the system) will apply and will discourage them from applying.

But when we have Texas and other southern states where kids can get disability simply for not being able to speak English, laws need to be changed. That is abuse of funds for those who are trying to get SSDI and truly in need.
Ironbutterfly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote