View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 08:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Artist, thanks for a wonderful read. It was a very well written article, clear and concise.

I agree, there is much more I'd like to know. I, too, shall be quite interested when the full article comes out.

But on the flip side, lol... I also have had a hard time with dr.s & lawyers. I will never forget the work comp lawyer trying to get my hysterectomy put into the official records for the case. When I demanded (I was InProPer, handling my own case) to know why they were at all relevant, the idiot looked straight at the judge and said "Well, you know, the root word for that is "hyster"...and we all know that this woman is being quite hysterical about a minor injury. It may well be a hormone issue she is suffering from".

I assume this whole spiel might have worked on a different judge. But he failed to even really LOOK at the judge before he said any of this. We had been in the hearing for over an hour, I guess his observational skills were minimal, at best. SHE was a woman in her late 50's or early 60's, who was looking at him as if he had lost his frickin mind!

So it's easy to get touchy when someone mentions the emotional brain being involved, lol. Most of us, especially the women, have been through a LOT both during and after our diagnoses. Which I find to be a hoot, actually... go ahead, men... underestimate us! But you all can't even pass a kidney stone without freaking out... try a baby, for goodness sake!

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote