View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 02:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Denise,

Thanks for the update, and so glad you're finding a noticeable improvement only 25% into the treatment schedule! Your body is doing some heavy detoxing so it would make sense that pain and other symptoms would be highly variable early on.

Love that you can feel your cognitive abilities improving, and love that you've read through everything on here you could find on HBOT. I did the same thing on this site, and every nook and cranny I could find on the internet. Based on what I found, HBOT is one of the first modalities I would recommend to anyone with more permanent symptoms. The difficulty then would be to educate yourself on the validity of different depths, durations, frequency of treatments, etc... but unfortunately the only way to really know anything is to research and experiment on yourself.

I do think that the effectiveness of HBOT, or any other modality, is directly proportional to how long the condition has existed, i.e. how long the immune system has been compromised. You've "only" been dealing with this for a little under 2 years, so a series of 40 dives wouldn't necessarily have the same impact on someone who has had the same symptoms for 10 years, as an example.

This might be a bit premature only 10 dives in, but a long time ago I found what appeared to be a highly reputable site that sells/leases hyperbaric chambers, with a wealth of information on appropriate protocols determined by much research and trial and error. From a cost perspective it was actually much less expensive to purchase a chamber and set your own schedule instead of going to treatment centers, (even if insurance paid for the treatment.) I'll try to hunt down the link again; maybe you'll find it helpful one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwall View Post
It started abruptly with a swollen ankle the day I went to divorce court after my husband of 32 years left me.
....How crazy is it that major changes in health (both positive and negative) are so often marked by major life events???

So happy for you - good for you.
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote