View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 05:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I had my titanium implant removed on Jan. 12. The oral surgery went well and I have had no complications or problems so far with the post surgery healing. I wish I could report that my symptoms have all disappeared... Initially, my tinnitus got louder but fortunately, has now calmed quite a bit But the burning, tingling and squeezing sensations in my skull and face are more pronounced, and my ears feel full of fluid and as though the pressure keeps changing. I am more sensitive to sound. However, I think there is still a lot of inflammation in there so I need to give it some time.

I am not sorry I did this. I think in the long run, I will feel good about getting that metal out of my jaw. I had the implant analyzed by Dental DNA and 3 different bacteria were found as well as candida! In addition to watching my diet (Candida loves sugar!), my Lyme doctor is treating me with an antibiotic, antifungal and nasal steroid medication through a nasal atomizer that we hope will target the pathogens that have been keeping me ill. He thinks that biofilms may have formed around titanium implant and hopefully, they won't have as good of a chance as surviving anymore!

I got a bone graft but luckily, the surgery did not create an opening in my sinus, which we feared. I don't plan on doing anything to replace the implant in the near future. Just happy to have it out!

Ono, that implant had been placed where a tooth with a failed root canal had to be extracted. The root canal was not even complete (took multiple visits if you can believe this!) when the tooth developed a crack/fracture. It was a complicated mess and was doomed, I think.
dbpei is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote