View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 06:23 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
I have OCD, so I easily get scared by any fast movement of my head, so I have to do it consciously several times after with even faster movement, to ensure that no symptoms other than anxiety appears. So I'm just worried if I've made it all worse and causing countless of sub concussive blows.
Hi minimac,

I'm reposting a part of what I wrote to you on your "Leaning head up against wall" thread from just over a week ago.

In that thread you were recreating the action of your head banging against a wall - a compulsive sounding behaviour. In this post you're recreating other types of head movements.

My edited post to you below.

You sound as if you're stuck in a loop.

You mentioned OCD in your first post I'm wondering if you've been diagnosed with OCD prior to head injury.

If your head injury was 7 years ago, I wonder if you've been in this loop for 7 years and have just found an outlet here to vent it or have these worries and concerns just started?

>

Your posts read as if you're stuck. You are recreating scenarios in your head and in reality to test situations and so your obsessive thinking is no longer just obsessive thinking, it's now playing out into compulsions.

Obsessions are thoughts.
Compulsions are actions

Obsessive thoughts grow and grow until there is some temporary relief by acting out the compulsion.

(having said that some people just have obsessive thinking but don't have the compulsive part but your posts suggest you're acting out scenarios)

I know you have said you have a family member who is a Psychologist, but I'm wondering if you see a professional counsellor for support and if you are having any type of treatment for your OCD - medication or CBT or something else? If you're not, then it might be really worthwhile doing that to save yourself so much anguish.

I'm also curious if you have Motor Tics as well as your OCD?
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote