View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

It makes perfect sense from a marketing view- both for the chiropractors who buy his product/ideas and for himself in aggressively presenting those ideas.

I know that a lot of you like chiropractors, and one has helped my daughter with severe scoliosis, but the ones I have encountered were snake oil salesmen pure and simple. They sell ridiculous ideas, propose that they can cure things completely unrelated to their actual scope, and many people buy in. Especially people with untreatable diseases like many neuropathies.

My doctor sent me to a chiropractor years ago for a spinal arthritis flare-up. I usually go to physical therapists but figured back care is what chiropractors are supposed to be good at, so why not? He had information pertaining to a big black machine that was supposed to work miracles, and I took a brochure, but my treatment was pretty straightforward. He lost me when he pointed to pictures on the wall of a 40 year old spine with severe arthritis and a 70 year old spine without, claiming that lifelong chiropractic care was the difference.

Me: but I am already the 40 year old with the degenerative spine disease, right? There is no way I am going to turn into the other picture, is there?

His response was something unintelligible about the benefits of weekly visits. None of it made sense, nothing in the colorful brochures, the newsletters he bombarded me with, the office posters. All geared to separating me and my insurance company from their money but devoid of substance.

My daughter's chiro told her when he could no longer help her. From people I have talked to that is pretty rare

I am not saying doctors have all the answers. My children were regularly taken to pediatric "well child" visits. The pediatricians missed: my daughter's scoliosis, my eldest son's CMT (hereditary neuropathy), my middle son's heart/lung issues due to a depressed rib cage, and my youngest son's absence of a hip socket. The last was caught when I mentioned that he was acquiring a limp at 3 and that his legs were different lengths. All manifested discernible symptoms in retrospect.

We have to be informed consumers and sites like this are a reality check. Thank you, beatle, for posting the link!
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (01-26-2015), mrsD (01-25-2015)