View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 09:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Get plenty of rest, do not overstimulate yourself with too much activity, TV, computer etc. Definately avoid large Supermarkets and Banks - seriously overstimulating environments. No alcohol.

Don't exercise! Walking is fine, but do not push yourself. When you do start after all symptoms have gone, go for no impact sports like swimming and cycling.

Avoid stress, and if it getting too much an antidepressant might be needed. Two years on I am still on low dose of 30mg Cymbalta. Cymbalta really helped my mood, sleep and pain.

If you have post-concussion headaches which include noise and light sensitivity they may well need to be treated as Migraines. Imigran worked well for me. Unfortunately I still have Neuralgia, so I take Lyrica for this.

That is my take on things, good luck!
PCS following head injury November 2012. Experienced dizzyness, light and noise sensitivity, hypercusis, fatigue, insomnia, migraines, facial pain, problems concentrating, irritability, sensory overload, exercise intolerance.

Symptoms mostly resolved, working full time and I am now mostly better. I wake 6am daily since my injury. Was experiencing daily Neuralgia which was controlled with Cymbalta 30mg, Lyrica 200mg daily. Now only on 30mg Cymbalta.
mouse1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
theaceet (01-24-2015)