View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 12:34 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Was lucky enough to discover a new Pain Management Dr. who spent last 7 years as the Director of ALL Pain Treatment at the Walter Reed / Bethesda Military hospitals as a Navy Commander - so you KNOW this guy has seen EVERY type of injury and treated thousands of troops with medical matters similar to mine (I was blown up by an IED in Iraq which left me with TBI, PTSD, and severe Cervical Spine damage!) I realize you may not be from military but this is what I learned.

He stated that they have been treating every troop who comes there from overseas with Ketamine RIGHT AWAY and it has shown to reduce pain levels, PTSD, anxiety and other symptoms big time - so they put them on it immediately to prevent these from acting up. Now fast forward - he retired from Navy and has started his own practice here in the Metro Washington DC / Virginia area and has been treating me for last 4 months. Matter of fact he just did a cervical RFA on me yesterday so hence Im sitting here in pain at home surfing this forum. Next month we are going to start the Ketamine Infusion with the first session being only 1 hour, then next treatment is a 1 day, then next s Mon, Wed, Fri. and lastly (if needed) a full 5 day Ketamine induced coma in the hospital under his direct observation!

What sucks is that I can't be treated at Walter Reed side Im Retired, VA just started doing acupuncture a few years ago so they are OUT and SUCK, and civilian insurance companies have really yet to catch onto this treatment yet - however he will articulate all success in detail and submit to BCBS for review. Its $900 a day and the 5 day coma is 5k which is ALOT but if it relieves my pain, gets me off opiates, and helps with PTSD the money is a drop in the bucket folks! Looking forward to this very much and will surely let you all know how things go if anyone wishes me to?

Best of luck to you all out there friends!

Gunny
Gunny Fitz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-09-2015)