View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 03:48 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi dbpei,

Glad to hear that the surgery to remove the implant went well. I agree, there is going to be a lot of inflammation and irritation in that site and keep in mind it is irritating to anything that is associated with those same nerves.

I am so glad that you had the bacterias analyzed and I'm not surprised by what was found on the implant and surrounding tissue. It is typical for dental implants to build up a bio film around them as that is what the immune system does with any foreign or non vital (dead teeth) matter in the body. It is also typical for dental implants to have various bacterias like this when they have replaced root canaled teeth. For the simple reason that the bacterias that stem from dead and/or root canaled teeth are often not able to be completely eradicated when the tooth is removed because they too are protected by a bio film and they hide in the nooks and crannies of the jaw bone. This is not my opinion, this is a pathological process that occurs in the bone, any bone in the body, where there is a long term bacterial infection and/or a lack of blood circulation.

The meds are given to deal with the infectious bacteria and inflammation. However, all of those meds are compromising to your immune system. So on one hand they have a job to do, but at the same time they will slow down the healing response from the immune system. So it would not be unusual for you to experience a variety of new or old symptoms that seem exacerbated or even less than what you had before the implant was removed. Your body is going through a lot of inflammatory stress, especially with having lymes. It is so imperative to take good care of yourself. Avoid any foods that do not directly benefit your immune system.... like processed and refined foods and sugar. It is really best to stick with a fresh whole foods as much as possible.

I know this has been a long journey for you. Hang in there and keep your thoughts positive.

Check back with us on occasion.
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpei View Post
I had my titanium implant removed on Jan. 12. The oral surgery went well and I have had no complications or problems so far with the post surgery healing. I wish I could report that my symptoms have all disappeared... Initially, my tinnitus got louder but fortunately, has now calmed quite a bit But the burning, tingling and squeezing sensations in my skull and face are more pronounced, and my ears feel full of fluid and as though the pressure keeps changing. I am more sensitive to sound. However, I think there is still a lot of inflammation in there so I need to give it some time.

I am not sorry I did this. I think in the long run, I will feel good about getting that metal out of my jaw. I had the implant analyzed by Dental DNA and 3 different bacteria were found as well as candida! In addition to watching my diet (Candida loves sugar!), my Lyme doctor is treating me with an antibiotic, antifungal and nasal steroid medication through a nasal atomizer that we hope will target the pathogens that have been keeping me ill. He thinks that biofilms may have formed around titanium implant and hopefully, they won't have as good of a chance as surviving anymore!

I got a bone graft but luckily, the surgery did not create an opening in my sinus, which we feared. I don't plan on doing anything to replace the implant in the near future. Just happy to have it out!

Ono, that implant had been placed where a tooth with a failed root canal had to be extracted. The root canal was not even complete (took multiple visits if you can believe this!) when the tooth developed a crack/fracture. It was a complicated mess and was doomed, I think.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote