View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 10:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile I have a spinal stimulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannajane View Post
Does anyone have one? I am scheduled for an implant soon and was wondering about the recovery? If I'll need help at all at home afterwards?
I had a spinal stimulator implanted in 2007. It was the best decision I ever made. My beautiful son would not be here had I not gotten it. I will say it does not get rid of all the pain but makes it tolerable. Always make sure you get a trial run first before you have it permanently implanted as it does not work for everybody. I had already undergone 13 surgeries before I had the implant on my ankle and leg so the surgery was pretty simple for me compared to what I had already been through. I do know they make them much smaller now. Only advice I can give you is be careful when leaning back in a chair because it can get caught on the battery and that hurts. They place it under a muscle. Mine is in the lower part of my back where it bends so I can sleep on my back without any discomfort. Wishing you lots of luck and if you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask me. I am due for a battery change so I will probably have another lead put in because they only had to use 1 to get my pain spot. You can have up to 4. Then again that was in 2007.
Marci B. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote