View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 11:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Another example where health care and medical practice are being manipulated for financial gain is when drug stores constantly are advertising and offering vaccines of different sort.
I felt I was being harassed, almost, when I was being offered the flu shot every time at checkout in my local pharmacy. I kept saying " no thanks" for a long time until I one day said " No thanks. And if I wanted the flu vaccine, I would have gone to my doctor's office."

I did not think that intramuscular injections or any hands on patient care was in the scoop of practice of a pharmacist.
This has been in the scoop of practice of a nurse. ( and, of course the doctor, if he/she does not have a nurse)

If one need a vaccine of any sort, it should be a discussed, decided and performed in the doctor"s office. And this way one would also safely have it in the medical records in the doctor"s office.

I think all this that are being discussed here is to be expected in a healthcare system under capitalism. It is business oriented, and there is a lot of competition. It can have good sides and bad sides.
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (01-25-2015)