View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Alan is getting a Pump!!!

As all of you may or may not know, he's had 9 infusions, and all of them have been with the IV drip from the pole.

And you've all read about his last debacle with the leaky bag. So I read all the posts, and since everybody told me that Alan should definitely be on a pump, (and the first time I asked the IVIG company, I was told that there is no need for a pump, HAH!!),well, because I didn't know any better, I didn't question.

So yesterday, (after not hearing back from ANYONE about my request for a pump), I simply put a call into the IVIG company and left a voice mail with the contact person I usually deal with. He never got back to me. I was polite, in the voice mail and simply requested that they do the pump instead of the IV drip.

Since he didn't get back to me, I called again and spoke to someone else and I requested a pump. She said this to me: 'we have to ask why you want a pump". I said "Well, does the fact that there was a leaky bag at the last infusion and that he came down with a fever of 101.5 and was sick and I had to alcohol rub him the entire day and he was sick as a dog, well, (and I'm talking quite politely), well, is that reason enough?" and she said "oh, absolutely, I'm ordering a pump for Alan".

I confirmed everything and on the 18th, they will deliver a pump (along with the gamma) via courier and the next two days he will have the infusions.

I also confirmed that the prescription said 4 hours and that most nurses like to tell us it can be done in 3. And she replied "no, if it says 4, than it should be 4". I responded 'yeah, you would think that would be so, wouldn't you??"

So we shall see if everything goes as she promised.

Hopefully he'll get a pump, it will be 4 hours and everything will go smoothly.

Honestly, I see no improvement but Alan says "I think my balance is better".

So he knows his body better than I do, right?

Hope eveybody is having more pain free days!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote