View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for responses.

To date, nothing has shown up in blood work to indicate my problems are immune system based...no anything else for that matter.

Mrs. D, you comments about your gut really piqued my interest. The beginning of my downturn was when I took iron supplements to deal with low ferritin, and I tore up my digestive tract. I literally felt like I had gasoline burning its way through my intestines. I obviously stopped taking them immediately, and did the only thing I could think of to do to try to get things squared away...I started taking a probiotic (Jarrow brand) and a PPI. (I had a bad bout of gastritis a couple years early.)

One of the side symptoms I developed during this is what I can best describe as a "prickly" feeling all over. Once things started calming down digestively, the prickly feeling went away. I eventually stopped the PPIs, but the prickly feeling came back. I started back up on them again assuming it was related, but they never went away. It was about a month after that I got the full blown SFN and "the pricklies" have been a feature ever since.

I know when my digestive tract is irritated, my symptoms get worse, sometimes much worse. I just assumed the SFN magnifies all discomfort.

I think I'll add the Now Candida to my list of things to try.

Have you by any chance done the Ubiome test or something like it?

Last edited by janieg; 01-26-2015 at 02:46 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote