Thread: Crps
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 04:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
I still can't put full weight down on my left leg. I am using a walker. Next Monday I will be getting the permanent SCS put in. The trial was great. I am hoping I'll be able to be full weight bearing. Some days I just want to scream about how long this is taking. I'm just feeling overwhelmed with all this right now...
It DOES feel like forever, doesn't it? I shed a lot of tears in the last couple of years. It takes as long as it takes. Don't give into the desire to push to full weightbearing too quickly, especially if the SCS makes you feel great. So tempting - but you can really mess up your foot/ankle. Better to have good heel to toe motion with the support of the walker first. As you know it is easy to tear something that is not accustomed to being under full load. I hope you have a nearby pool! I transitioned to a cane for a while, using it on the good side to stabilize the weak - it helped a lot till I could ditch it. My PT also had me do core exercises because my abs and back were not keeping me stable enough (allowing me to "cheat" with a really messed up leg/hip motion) the "bird-dog" was especially helpful with the arm and opposite leg up.

Best of luck next week on the SCS! Hang in there and go scream in your closet if you have to - God knows I did.

Sending Healing Love - Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote