View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 07:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default New to NT and I am not sure what I am dealing with.

Having unexplained neck pain and most intense when turning neck to left. Also, weird sensation in the throat when turning neck to to the left. Pain radiates down the left arm to the hand. Numbness in the hand in the am. Every once in a while, I can hear my neck click. Had a MRI done and hear are the results and just wanted to get some thoughts. FWIW, I have an appt. with a neurosurgeon next week. Thanks.
Findings:
Lordosis: There is straightening of the normal cervical lordosis.
Heights: The vertebral body heights are maintained.
Alignment: There is minimal retrolisthesis of C5 on C6.
Bone marrow: No expansile or destructive osseous lesion is identified. There are Modic type I degenerative endplate changes at C5-C6. Otherwise there is no abnormal bone marrow edema.
Discs: There is disc desiccation from C2-C3 to C6-C7 with moderate disc space narrowing at C5-C6.
Spinal cord: The spinal cord is normal in signal.
C2-C3 : There is a minimal circumferential disc bulge without spinal canal or foraminal stenosis.
C3-C4 : There is a mild/moderate central disc protrusion (herniation) mildly indenting the spinal cord without spinal canal or foraminal stenosis.
C4-C5 : There is a shallow central disc herniation mildly indenting the spinal cord without spinal canal or foraminal stenosis.
C5-C6 : There is a mild/moderate broad-based disc osteophyte complex and left subarticular/foraminal component moderately indenting the left aspect of the spinal cord with mild spinal canal stenosis. There is bilateral uncovertebral hypertrophy causing severe left and moderate severe right foraminal stenosis affecting the exiting left greater than right C6 nerve roots.
C6-C7 : There is a minimal circumferential disc bulge without spinal canal or foraminal stenosis.
C7-T1 : There is no significant disc herniation, spinal canal or foraminal stenosis.
Craniocervical junction: The craniocervical junction is unremarkable.
Paraspinal musculature: The paraspinal soft tissues are within normal limits.
IMPRESSION:
Multilevel degenerative changes most pronounced at C5-C6 where there is a mild/moderate
broad-based disc osteophyte complex moderately indenting the left aspect of the spinal cord with mild spinal canal stenosis. There is no spinal cord edema. There is severe left and moderate severe right foraminal stenosis affecting the exiting left greater than right C6 nerve roots.
No abnormal bone marrow edema to suggest fracture.
Further findings as detailed above.

THANKS.
sandman512 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote