View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 07:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Yes I had 3 oral surgeon opinions. Only one did total face/jaw reconstruction ect.. Your dentist, endo, perio, or oral surgeon should follow up with your condition until it resolves. Pain management is for drugging the pain when it becomes chronic.

I had a cleaning and that started the problem a little bit, my filling got loose, and that acerbated the problem, then he did a root canal and the pain and burning was so bad he pulled the front too. He said I could go to an oral surgeon for a CT scan and if he couldn't find anything I would have to go to a neurologist. My condition was just diagnosed a little over a month ago, and I have been seeing a pain management dentist. It has helped a bit but the problem comes and goes. I wouldn't even know what to say to the neuro surgeon. I doubt he could help me. I was also told the problem was always there but the dental work brought it out. Not many people are familiar with this problem on a large scale. I have had a MRI and Xrays and scans and there is no tumor nothing pushing on the nerve, so I don't know what a neuro surgeon could do. I am at the moment exploring other alternatives.
MakenzieMarks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote