View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 08:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
brainstemmed,

There are thousands upon thousands who have been helped with upper cervical chiro. Your situation is unique. My other chiros were far more aggressive with C-1 and C-2 that the NUCCA chiro. If Blair, NUCCA and AtlasOrthogonal were dangerous, they chiros would have a difficult time getting malpractice insurance. Instead, their insurance is substantially less than most MD's. MD's kill 180,000 each year due to mistakes and such.

You either have a unique condition or were treated improperly or both. Often times, problems arise when two separate problems combine.
Mark:

while i know you wish to help people, this is unnerving...

using an arbitrary number of 180,000 deaths by MD's is not responsible. you and i can both find numbers to back an argument...that is a scare tactic used by chiros by the way...

can i ask you this: does YOUR chiro use the Blair Technique on YOU? if so, then go for it. but please do not advise others unless you are educated in the adjustment.

it is completely irresponsible to use blunt force to move a vertabrae AND all the surrounding tissue...there is not just a vertabrae in there, there are a lot of other important parts too...

and they adjust not ANY vertabrae, we're talking c-1 & c-2...VERY dangerous...

i was hurt badly by this, and then there have been others...it is devastating...

i have yet to met a single chiro that said they could not help someone...they all believe they are miracle workers...they have told me they could help me...by doing MORE of the same adjustments! really?!

what they will ALWAYS say is that they can help, and the more times per week they can get your money from you the more they will do. they are used car salesmen, they are a 2nd class profession.

so please let me know if you allow a chiro to use the Blair Technique on you...

and if you advise others here on this message board seeking relief, you should explain the risks involved, because the risks are substantial, the chiro won't explain it either...quackery at it's worst...but they will tell how they are miracle workers...what a sham...

ask a neurologist if this is a good idea...ask them what nerves are in jeopardy when they do this and ask them how to fix it once the chiros do the damage...

you never mention the risks...

neither do the chiros...

unconscionable...you will hurt others by condoning this...

if you want to take your life into you own hands recklessly, then so be it...

but if you are to provide advice to people that need it, please do so responsibly before more people are hurt badly...

52 year old with 25+ years of problems associated with Fibromyalgia...

What happened:

while seeking relief from the scourge of fibro, i rec'd 12-15 increasingly significant concussions to my brain stem from a risky chiropractic adjustment. Last one on May 10, 2013...at 11:45 AM that day, my life changed instantly.

Symptoms:
cognitive dysfunction, sleep disruption, highly emotional, easily overwhelmed & overloaded, unrelenting tinnitus, memory loss, facial masking, difficulty with speech, trouble finding words, headache, widespread Fibro pain mostly in my neck, shoulders, back, hips, knees...

unable to: drive or ride in a moving vehicle for any length of time, watch TV or movie, read books, tolerate more than one soft conversation at a time.

i am hyper sensitive to light, noise, motion and crave dark, quiet and very, very slow...

Current Meds:

10 mg Ritalin,
450 mg Lyrica
5 mg prednisone (aka poison)
amatryptaline
5 mg melatonin
plus daily vitamin & supplement regimen: B, D, Fish Oil, plus a lot of brain food: nuts, berries, fish, etc,..

legal, MM approved by ALL my docs for 2 very limited purposes.(not recommended for all, be cautious)
2 mg Valium as needed
Tramadol as needed
Percocet as needed
lidocaine patches (yea!)
Outpatient Infusion for migraine cocktail once per week as needed
Brainstemmed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote