View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 10:50 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyricaBR View Post
Hi. I'm 25y male. I took lyrica for only 2 weeks, 75mg twice a day, and quit it "cold turkey", my dr. didn't say anything about tapering off. I never had pain, fibromyalgia... just a little anxiety. Tomorrow it will be exactly 2 months of hell. Some days are better than others, making it hard to say if i'm actually getting better. I'm not sure if what i'm feeling are withdrawal symptoms from pregabalin, but it must be it, since i always have been healthy and the symptoms appeared after 1 day off lyrica. Most drs. in my country don't really care about my condition, many aren't even aware of withdrawal syndrome from lyrica, so i came here seeking for some help. My symptoms include:
  • pressure in the head
  • dizziness
  • sensitivity in the head (jaws, teeth, nose, face...)
  • sensitivity to high sound and sudden noise
  • tingling in the scalp (and less often in the right little finger)
  • muscle weakness (feeling heavy)
  • tightness in the chest
  • weight in the upper back (neck, traps...)

It gets worse when i sit down or/and look down. It all looks similar to anxiety symptoms, is it possible that what i'm actually deeling is generalized anxiety? Or maybe sinus? Should i try to take lyrica back again so i could properly wean it off? Please, help me. And feel free to correct me if i wrote something wrong (english isn't my native language).

I was prescribed Lyrica early on for my PN Peripheral Neuropathy. I lasted about two weeks and couldn't deal with the feeling like bugs were biting at my legs. When I went off (cold turkey); I don't recall any difficulties other than the PN pain I was and continued experiencing.

But; not so sure it would be helpful after all this time for you to go back on the lyrica and wean off. It would seem likely that the Lyrica is out of your system by now; but may or may not have triggered other problems.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-17-2015), lyricaBR (01-29-2015)