View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 12:13 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi Sarah,
Another Brit - lovely, but for the wrong reasons. However, this shows the Post Code Lottery of services available from our NHS Trusts across the Country.
An MRI in 2007 showed a knot of arteries tied round my Trigeminal Nerve before the branching, and there was mooted talk with my Neuro of having a sleeve fitted. This came to a crashing halt when I went crashing to the floor at home with a major heart attack.
Now I have a Damaged Heart Wall, Coronary Ischaemia and Microvascular Disease. This makes me a high risk on the table and no Anaesthetist will touch me short of an emergency. This was borne out last year when I became Brady Hypotensive during a simple angiogram and chemically induced heart stress tests.
Have you had a look at the Stickys at the top of the page? Especially the ones discussing muultiple ops and possible CSF leaks. I am not trying to scare you, or put you off, but these are questions I would not think to ask.
With regard to drugs, as you are over here: I also have severe Neurological Hypersensitivity (full body), spinal injuries and Allodynia. My Pain Management Consultant (a working Anaesthetist) has me on Lidocaine Infusions, Oral Ketamine, Oral Morphine and Tramadol. This may seem a lot, but even the touch of my clothes hurts… Anyway, the Lidocaine and Ketamine dulls down ALL Neurological pain. Opiates increase the effectiveness of Ketamine. Since having both, the Parathesia I suffer all the time is 50% less intense, and the attacks are less severe.
Side effects: Lidocaine Infusions, too fast can cause heart problems. Extreme tiredness for 24-36 hours after infusion.
Ketamine, tiredness, misuse can cause bladder problems, anti-depressive qualities(plus).
Keep us updated on your condition, and what you decide. Ask lots of questions - take a print out like I do.
Wishing you luck and loads of pain free days.

Dave.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote