View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 08:29 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default First post! Hi.

Greetings!

I'm glad this forum exists, because maaaan...

Two months ago I fell down two stairs. I thought I'd broken my big toe because it hurt, and it wouldn't move when I told it to. An x-ray said it wasn't broken. The doctor said, "Here's a non-flexible boot, you maybe tore a ligament, and it should feel better in a week or two." A few days later I went back to urgent care because my pinky toe was swollen, bruised, and painful. An x-ray said it wasn't broken. The doctor said, "Be patient, and here's some crutches."

Two weeks later I went to a not my primary GP because he had a sooner appointment. My foot hurt like hell, and if it was just sprained ligaments, something should be feeling better, right?? The doctor said, "Be more patient, use your crutches, and here's a painkiller Rx." I heard him say in the hall to probably my nurse, "She has a question about her ankle but I don't want to say anything since I haven't seen her before." What?!?

Three weeks later I ask for a referral to an Ortho. The doctor examines my foot and makes me cry. They take some x-rays, which say nothing is broken. He says "Be more patient, here's an aircast, and a different painkiller Rx since the other one doesn't work. Try to not to depend on the crutches too much. Come back in two weeks if it doesn't feel better." He offers an MRI, which turns out to say I have a swollen bone.

I already had an appointment with my primary GP, which I kept. He gave me a different painkiller Rx since the new one wasn't working, said be more patient, and start physical therapy. The physical therapist is amazed at how tender foot is, the inflammation level, and the poor range of motion. In the third visit the PT said, it seems like it's getting worse."

I go back to the same Ortho. He makes me cry again in the examination, diagnoses me with CRPS, gives me a nerve pain Rx, says keep up with the PT, and come back in three weeks.

Today I had a nervous breakdown because grocery shopping (much less the stairs to my third floor apartment) was exhausting and painful, I'm friggin' tired of being in pain, and my roommate made complaining type noises during and after me asking him to bring up my bags. My roommates sat there in silence watching and listening to me cry and put away my food. I get that they probably don't know how to deal, but come on.

I'm going to eat some ice cream now. Thank you for reading this.
hypersnack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
birchlake (01-30-2015)