View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 09:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Also, I meant to mention that no, I'm not a vegetarian. My diet typically consists of white meat chicken, turkey, sometimes red meat, some greens, black beans/beans, avacado, red potatoes, sometimes whole wheat/pastas, Greek yogurt, eggs, juice (beets, carrots, parsley, apples, spinach, celery, some lemon/lime), a smoothie (mainly fruits with some yogurt, protein supp, honey, banana, Apple type). During the weekend on one of the days, I will usually have something more indulgent, some slices of pizza or something, a few beers, but try to balance it out with something more healthy the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Wolf22 View Post
I just went for a routine eye exam and he did a bunch of tests that seemed to be able to show my vessels in my eye (there was some images taken), but not sure that it was an angiogram. He checked my coratid arteries when I spoke to him about the loss of vision thing and said they seemed find with his stethoscope. He recommended I get some cardiology tests done since it had been a few years and that loss of vision could indicate not getting blood flow. That being said, the vision loss thing is much less frequent than the chest pains, which is my primary concern. I threw a lot of symptoms in there to maybe see if they are related.

I actually probably am not getting as much omega 3 as I should, I used to take supplements of fish oil and also take flax seed but haven't in quite some time. I will start taking again and see what happens.

Does it sound like an angiogram for my heart may be in order or to request it? Is the radiation a concern? I read somewhere that normal tests like EKGs or Cs, may not show if there is a condition of hardened arteries in the back of the hard or something to that nature.

Thanks much for posting this up and also for the replies.
J_Wolf22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote