View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 03:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi, there are a few of us here that have symptomatic Arachnoid Cysts. Mine measures 40x30 mm in the right parietal region.

Firstly, I understand your frustration! as you're probably aware, symptomatic cysts are not taken that seriously by Neurologists. However the more I read about various experiences and ailments that fellow sufferers experience, it leads me to believe that they do cause problems. It's just too coincidental. Just like you, I suffer from severe headaches/migraines. About a year ago I developed partial seizures which cause my face to spasm amongst other symptoms. I saw my Neuro recently and I'm now being refered to an Epi Doctor.

I'm in the UK so the medical system is a bit different, we don't get to choose which Hospital to attend or Doctor-you get what you're given. We don't get copies of medical testing reports either. Also they don't tend to operate on them over here either unless it causes pressure on your brain etc.

If I were you, forget everything your previous Neuro told you and start afresh. When you see this new Neuro just tell him everything. Ask him to reevaluate your EEG report. Tell him that it's affecting your quality of life. Be firm with them. If you don't speak up for yourself and how you feel, no one else will. Just a point aswell, if the 'seizures' occur deep in the brain, the EEG won't necessarily pick it up. Dont give up until you get answers. You can check other posts me and others have written about it on here too.
Good Luck
Angelita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote