View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 11:40 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseKris View Post
When I was first diagnosed one of my doctors recommended a variety of exercises to be done with the lumbar sympathetic blocks. One of the things he put in my treatment plan was contrast baths. If I had not researched it and seen what others have shared I would have done it without thinking twice. That made me realize what everyone has been sharing, you need to be your own advocate.

On a side note I have been searching for a new PCP (insurance issues plus I did not care for my previous PCP) and it has not been easy. The doctor I saw last week told me to get two big buckets of rice and stick my legs in there and move them around. I will admit I have heard of rice being used as part of desensitizing therapy. However he told me that if I do this every day for 3 months I would be cured of my CRPS and would never have to worry about it again! I will not be going back to him, even though I was thinking about putting together some information and articles in an attempt to educate him!
Desensitization can certainly help, but promising you'd be cured as a result is a good example of a doc with not enough experience to make those claims or a doc with an honesty issue. The funny thing is if they over diagnose CRPS, a certain percentage of patients issues will resolve in those 3 months, and voila! they have their proof of a "cure".

And while I believe in the idea of the power of positive thinking, being told this med or that procedure will cure you loses meaning pretty quickly as you're repeatedly crushed when those miraculous results fail to transpire.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
visioniosiv (02-01-2015)