View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not sure if I can help anyone here, but my wife and I (im the one with the injury) have talked about this over and over.

She says im a totally different person, like not even close the guy I was. She pointed out a lot of things, and I listened and wrote it down. Its made me aware of who I am now compared to who I used to be. Im working extremely hard at it, and she says shes slowly seeing a lot of me husband wise return. Granted its exhausting, but I had to learn to live with the pain and the effects of a brain injury, and not let it control you.

Im not the kind of person that gives up on anything, or accepts a negative change easily. Im a bit over a year, it would of been easier to give up 6 months ago and accept the new me. Acceptance equals defeat in my mind. While I havent accepted this, im learning to live with it. Try talking to your spouses. Ask them the hard questions. Its going to be a multiple time conversation, but it needs to be done. My wife did this to me, and I hated it at the time because it made me extremely emotional and feel less like a husband and father. But it needs to be done, trust me. Once you are both on the same exact page, stuff flows a lot easier. For me now its easier to be the husband to her that she married. Granted im still far away from that man I used to be, but theres light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

Just keep trying, its possible. If you need anymore assistance, just private message me. Maybe I can assist you in what to ask, or have my wife respond to your questions if you private message me.

Take Care.
Bruins88 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bud (02-01-2015), Lara (02-01-2015)