View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 11:46 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hello, I'm new here. I have come because I have developed symptoms that my neuro and opalmologist suggested testing for MG. I wanted to answer your question about cryoglobulonemia testing, because I have cryo (that's what we call it for short). Testing is VERY often false negative with cryo, and that is because it requires very special handling that so few labs know how to do correctly, and even if they do, even a sloppy technician can mess it up. Many people with severe cryo test negatively. Further the quantitive test has no bearing on how severe your cryo may be - a person with a high cryo reading may have few symptoms, while someone that tests just borderline may be very symptomatic.

Regarding your blue tongue, I get blue around my mouth, and I assume it is to do with my cryo. But I'm also having trouble with a 'heavy chest' or truble breathing. Typical symptoms for cryo tend to be fatigue, neuralgia (especially starting in the hands and feet), and often a purpuric rash on the legs. There are many more symptoms too. It is worth looking into if you are experiencing fatigue or other odd symptoms. There are also other kinds of vasculitis.
Sandrine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bny806 (02-01-2015)