View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update & answers

Update after the myelogram.

After 4 years I have an answer My persistant back pain is from 2 arthritic and degenerative disks. Which explains some of my feet pain. We are going to try a facet block next week to see if it provides relief. If not my choices appear to be more medications or lumbar spine surgery.

My nueropathy is considered Critical Care Nueropathy so treatment there is the same. I'm curious what my feet my feel with the Lyrica if my back ever calms down.

On the bright side the Dr ruled out Arachnoiditis as the main cause of my pain. There was a small amount but not enough to cause my pain.

For the first time in months even though I hurt I feel like there is hope beyond taking medications.

It took me 4 Dr's to get to this point. I still think the 1st Nuero I saw wasn't interested since he was leaving the practice shortly after I saw him. One bright side is my Pain Dr's were on the right track so I got that going for me.
My PN is considered Critical Illness Neuropathy. In October 2010 I left for a golf trip not feeling well, woke up in a hospital 21 days later. I was in an induced coma for treatment of Legioneers Disease. First day out of ICU I noticed the pain in my feet and as they say the rest is history.
MikeK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (02-05-2015)