View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 02:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default another issue… root canal failure?

Bryanna,
I can't even believe i'm writing this, but i'm having another tooth issue. This is truly a nightmare. So, I didn't mention it previously because I was dealing with the other issue I had… but about 6 weeks ago I had to have a root canal on a lower tooth. The tooth was extremely sensitive to hot foods. It was very sore after the root canal and about 2 weeks after, the endodontist redid it. Now, it is a month later and I've been to him about the pain I'm in and am scheduled to see him tonight. I have deep pain under the root canal. The tissue surrounding it is very sore. There isn't extreme biting pressure but occasionally slight sensitivity to biting. And the pain beneath the root canal seems to be radiating into my chin and as of today, making my face feel tingly. This is, of course, scary. I am scheduled to see him in 3 hours. I'm assuming this tooth needs to come out. He thinks we will open it up again, I'm thinking probably put in medicine again, and let it sit and see what happens. Do you think there is any worth in doing this? I know your feelings on root canals, but please also understand how anxiety causing it is to think about having another tooth removed… especially because it is on the other side and I'm still not really eating using my right side. My best guess is either that there is a root crack that has gone unseen, or that I have an infection that is putting pressure on a nerve in my face. I've also been clenching a lot (due to the stress of all of this I'm sure) and my endodontist seemed to think last week that's why I was having facial pain. I don't think so though… I've experienced muscular pain from clenching and TMJ and this feels very different. Ugh. I am once again at a loss. Any advice is very much appreciated.
KateJK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote