View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 04:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
The symptoms you describe are consistent with an inferior alveolar nerve disturbance. Was the surgery done by an oral surgeon or a dentist? You really need to be seen by an OS asap and ask for pain medication....
It was done by an oral surgeon. I told him I was in a lot of pain and taking OTC ibuprofen around the clock and he gave me an RX for 20 tablets of 600mg ibuprofen, which I have 8 left, and I highly doubt will last me until 2/10 (my next appt.) Not a huge deal, I can always double up on my OTC ibuprofen, but I'm kind of surprised he didn't give me something stronger.

Side note, I'm also on Prozac and I've seen comments in my quest for some resolution to this pain that it's not good to take ibuprofen long term while on Prozac? I asked my pharmacist friend and she said I should be fine, but it's another reason why I was kind of scratching my head at being given more ibuprofen. I don't know if this guy has an aversion to dispensing pain meds, I know there are a lot of RX abusers out there, but I think I have a pretty good reason to need something stronger.

One more thing I forgot to note in my above post, the extraction site is completely open. I can see down into the hole and I'm pretty sure I can see the bone graft. Could this be a reason why it's so painful? My teeth on my right side were super hot/ cold sensitive for a couple of days, but not really anymore.
kmd1019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote