View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 05:58 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Hi everyone. Thank you all for sharing and caring, I look forward to getting to know you all. I was just diagnosed on saturday after having a very light sprain last november that didn't seem to be healing right. I had gone within a day or two after the incident for x-rays, nothing broken, bad sprain. I got a shot for the swelling and some strong advil. Fast forward to Saturday I scheduled a visit to a podiatrist because of the ongoing issues. He immediately noticed the temperature difference in the feet, the swelling, and skin discoloration, as well as my distorted gate. He did some more x-rays just in case, nothing there either. He checked out my tendons ligaments, but in the end he was confident that it was RSD, and I've been on 30mg/day prednisone since then. I have another visit and possible referral for lumbar injection if the prednisone doesn't do the trick, and am thinking about possible looking for a ketamine treatment as well. I'm trying to stay optimistic but this is all really scary and hard to handle.
keepmoving is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote