View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'm 57 and I had my two lower wisdom teeth extracted 14 years ago; I also had my #19 molar extracted about a month ago and I did not have any problem; I had very little swelling and I took only one 600mg ibuprofen twice after the surgery to control the minor pain. What you experimenting is not normal especially after 18 days! Actually my extraction site is about 30% to 50% closed after 18 days and I'm a lot older than you.
Please seek another surgeon to check it out; I know there are many incompetent dentist out there. Be careful and take care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmd1019 View Post
Thanks, Cleo. I have requested an appointment with another OS for a second opinion. I don't want to mess around with this, and my current OS doesn't seem too concerned (which maybe it really is nothing to be concerned about) but I would like someone to at least explain it to me and verify whether or not my concerns are legitimate.

As of now, I'm still in quite a bit of pain, can't chew and I'm even more limited in opening my jaw now. I mean, this can't possibly be normal for a wisdom tooth extraction, can it? Shouldn't I have improved at least a little bit by now? I haven't had any zingers since this morning, and I only had a couple. No sensation coming back yet. I'm probably getting myself worked up over nothing, but better safe than sorry.
ono8ono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote