View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:58 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

covertid,

Granulation tissue is lumpy, not flat. White patches could be a few things. It could be the natural sloughing off of some dead tissue which is normal and should stop soon. Or you could be using too much salt and that is causing the tissue to slough off too much. Just put a 1/4 tsp of salt in a 3 oz glass of water when you rinse.

If the white patches become sore or you develop red sores in the center of the patches then you have developed canker sores or herpes sores. These can occur after a tooth extraction. They can take up to 21 days to heal completely. However, these ulcers are always sore. So it yours are not sore, then don't be too concerned about them as they should subside very soon.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by covertid View Post
Hi, yes been following this strictly to prevent anything bad. Anyway I saw white patches at the side of the gum. Is that the granulation tissue?. I dont feel anything though

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote