View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 01:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz Migraine View Post
ALJ hearings are different in each case. Sort of like fingerprints. From reading the various postings here from those who have gone through ALJ hearings, no 2 are the same.

My experience: It was obvious that the judge read my file the night before as he had tabbed certain sections of my thick file. Judge was fully prepared as he peppered me w/questions.
99% of the questions were directed at me, not my attorney.
There was a vocation expert at my hearing.
I had witnesses on my behalf who testified. They were peppered w/questions. I was asked to leave the room (*section) while witnesses testified.
My hearing was approximately 2 hours.

My fully approval letter was in my hands within 30 days of my hearing. I received it 2 days before my attorney received his copy.

Tip:
Dress like you are going to court and/or church. In other words, dress appropriately. I was the picture of health, w/full makeup & dressed in a power suit at my hearing although I was on medication feeling miserable.

*My hearing was held in the lumber section of an empty Home Depot building. At that time, NJ had a serious backlog of ALJ hearings - years!!!

HTH
Thanks for your input, i guess i'm going to have to write up some notes since i can't remember the little thing any more.
LOOKIELOO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote