View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 05:10 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Just got back from the on-call surgeon's. Long story short, it sounds like my bone graft isn't there anymore? He rinsed out the socket and all this stuff was coming out and I asked if that was the bone graft and he said that it was actually food (!!!) and when I had it cleaned out at the other OS on Thursday most of the bone graft was probably removed then. Would've been nice if my original OS explained that to me since I paid $600 for something to get washed right out of my mouth. Anyway, apparently there's something in the socket that was catching food particles and he got it all cleaned out. None of that really hurt though, and I told him how the pain was actually coming from the lump in my cheek near my jawbone. He took what I'm guessing was a syringe and needle to it to open it up and oh my God, the pain was so bad. I was instantly crying. Cried for a good 15 min. after I left the office. He said that it was "soupy" and that it was blood and "milky" stuff. He put me on another round of steroids and extended the Clindamycin until my original OS gets back from vacation. I'm in so much pain right now, I really hope this gets better soon, this is absolutely miserable. I still don't know what this damn thing is in my cheek! I asked the assistant if it was an abscess and she repeated what the surgeon had said. I'm to call their office if there's no relief in the next day or two, otherwise he said to go to my original OS as soon as he's back in the office.
kmd1019 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote