View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 10:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New SENSUS Tens unit coming Thursday

At my last checkup with my primary CRPS doctor, (I have it in my foot) he suggested that I might want to try a TENS unit. The one in particular that he wrote a prescription for is manufactured by "Sensus". It is obvious that the target market for this particular device is diabetics with neuropathy problems, but my doctor said that he recently read of it being tried with CRPS.

It attaches with a velcro strap just below the knee and once set up, you just press the on button and it automatically runs for one hour, then shuts off. You can have it run every other hour if you like and can tweak the strength up or down a bit.

I have done some research on TENS therapy and CRPS and while some have had some limited relief, what I mostly found is that CRPS is generally resistant to this type of therapy and sometimes can even aggravate the CRPS.

But what the heck, it's non-invasive and I've got nothing to lose as I can rent the unit very inexpensively for up to 2 months; insurance pays for most of the rental. If it helps, my insurance will buy the unit and if it doesn't help, I just turn the unit back in.

If any of you have had any personal experience with TENS therapy, please chime in! I'll keep you posted as to my experience with it.

Below is a link to an overview of the Sensus unit. Click on this link to get to the Sensus homepage, then if you would like to watch a 2 minute video on how it works, click on the link "Watch the Sensus Overview".

http://www.sensusrx.com/learn-about-...nt-system.html
birchlake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
crpsspoonie12 (03-24-2015)