Old 02-04-2015, 12:33 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feck View Post

As you see, there are many definitions. Most important, I get to decide what spirituality means to me. For me, spirituality encompasses all that I value. It allows me to feel good about myself because I am doing my part to leave the world a better place.

What is your definition?
Hi Feck,
That was a long, heavy post, and many members have a lot of trouble (myself included) wading through acres of text.
Please take this as constructive criticism - I do not want quotes from dead Philosophers or links to pseudointellectual sites, I (we) want to know what YOU think and feel. I was just about to give up scanning (not reading) your post when I found YOUR views buried at the bottom, so I have quoted for other members.
As to your question, it's a big one that I have no real answer to, but that seems unsatisfactory so infer an answer as I do from my complex beliefs:
I believe in Jesus, the man and his Works.
I follow the Philosophies and teachings of Buddha as best my Western mind will allow.
I have problems with the concept of Heaven.
I like to believe in the existence of Re-incarnation, or at least, the Transmigration of Souls.
I believe in the scientific explanation for the Universe with the possibility of a Creator being involved.
…And to cap it all, I believe in evolution AND external manipulation of the human genome.

Sorry, that had to be a heavy post from me, and it shows my beliefs are as messed up as my body.

Dave.
"Thanks for this!" says:
visioniosiv (02-29-2016)