View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Post Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
be ready to answer the question of what you do during the day. you may be asked how you got there if you cant drive. look the judge in the eye when you answer questions. dont rush into an answer, stay calm and think for a second before you answer.

remember it is how your illnesses or conditions affect your ability to work that is important not the list of conditions. how they affect your ability to sit, stand, walk, lift, bend, kneel, reach, your stamina, your ability to concentrate etc are whats important depending on your particular case of course which of those are affected.

i wouldnt recommend going in too well dressed or made up if you are a woman. be yourself, how you normally dress. also dont heistate to ask the judge if you can stand if you need to during the course of the hearing, or sit back down again because of pain or discomfort. I had to do that during mine.

try not to stress too much about it. everyone is nervous, its only natural.
Maybe someone can weigh in on this, medical records vs hearing testimony, would it be 60-40, 70-30 in favor of records or testimony? I've been to 5 hearings, and always walk away thinking I wish I didn't say that.
Rayandnay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LOOKIELOO (02-04-2015)