View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 03:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daprofee View Post
Hi grete. I am a diabetic with the same issue as you. I dont know why the nerve pain goes away when we soak our feet but it does. I am on 2400mg gabapentin a day for the pain and it does nothing. My feet swell and I lose balance easily, I am groggy most of the day cause of the meds dispite being on them for about 5 months. I to use a cane to walk although I dont walk much like you I spend most of the day laying down with my legs raised. I have found that keeping my feet moisturized with coco butter helps with the pain. Its not alot but at least I can massage my feet at the sametime. Sorry I cant help much but I do understand.
I'm on 3,000 mg Gabapentin and 50 mg Cymbalta daily and experience minimal side-effects. In my case, the meds really make a difference. I would encourage you to try other meds if Gabapentin doesn't work for you - ask your doctor as there are many types of nerve medication available. I spent my days on the couch with my swollen/burning feet raised from April to October 2014. The PN then got a bit better and I've slowly been able to walk a little bit with crutches. So you see, things can improve. I hope it does for you - don't give up hope ever.

Thanks for your input.

Be well. Think well.
Grete
grete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KnowNothingJon (02-04-2015)