View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 12:13 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

frostyjohn,

I am so glad that surgery is over and it all went well!

Regarding the antibiotics.... please make sure with the surgeon about when you are to start the new antibiotics. Please don't assume that you have to finish the original rx first.

Hope you continue to do well and your recovery is healthy and complete!!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjohn View Post
Well I had the surgery last Friday, which makes to today 5 days post-op. The overall procedure was way better that I thought it would be. I am healing fine with no complications.

The pus stopped coming out the day the of the surgery. My surgeon said he took out three polyps and cleaned my sinuses of a lot of mucus. He said I had a lot of mucus build up in my sinus. He also put some mucus for a culture. The doctor said he did not notice anything like a fistula in my sinus.

We got the results back from the culture yesterday. The doctor said it grew bacteria and he gave me an antibiotic specifically for that bacteria. I am going to start to take those once my current antibiotics finish (the ones give to me fore my post op recovery).

So far I've only had minor sinus pressure in my forehead. No leaking/throbbing gum, no maxillary sinus pressure. Hopefully it stays that way when the antibiotics stop.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote