View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 09:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Update 2

Hi everyone, thanks for listening to all of what's going on with me and all your advice (especially you Bryanna!) So it's been awhile to update but here's what has been going on thus far: I had the bone scan completed near the end of December and the results came back clear with no infection in the bone. I'm unsure if this was a dental bone scan though.

So here I am the beginning of February and I am still experiencing pain and discomfort in that extraction area which was done in October 2014. The symptoms are much the same as before, like a tight heavy feeling in the area and what feels like a small lump right underneath it, it is sore but I think I'm so used to it as this point it's just second nature. At times, it is almost like a numbing feeling. And yes, Pam, for me it is the entire right mandible from the extraction area back that is tender. These feelings are the worst for me in the evenings for whatever reason. One small improvement that I have experienced since December was that I think some of the lymphnodes that were swollen have begun to come down, which I feel is a good sign. When I was at the height of my tooth infection and the whole mess, all the lymphnodes on my jaw and especially the back of my neck were so swollen, it was freaky. I didn't know what they were at first until my doctor explained they flair up when the body is fighting infection, well that made sense.

I'm unfortunately beginning to experience some toothache in the tooth opposite to the one I had extracted, so on my left side second back molar (no wisdom tooth). I'm not saying it has anything to do with the extraction, but I'm getting pretty nervous because it feels quite the darn same the way the other one did before I had the root canal done. It has started to bother me within the last couple days, it's like a bruise hurt almost, then this morning I had my coffee and with it, a bit of sensitivity. So I went in today to see the dentist. I thought I saw a hole/cavity on the side of my filling in that tooth, but she said it was just a stained area. After much thought and reviewing my previous x-rays, she decided to check the bite and it was really high on that side. So she adjusted it and sent me on my way.

I'm actually now in more discomfort than I was before and just plain frustrated at this point. I made an appointment for Saturday with the dentist who did the extraction before this new toothache happened. It was originally just supposed to be so she could take a look at how the extraction she did coming along and if I wanted to still be referred to an oral surgeon, she will do that for me. Now it looks like I'll be asking for her opinion on this new tooth issue as I always felt much better after a bite adjustment, not this much worse. Trying to stay positive and will update if I learn anything new in the next coming weeks!
atron23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-05-2015)